Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 25 @ MTC

   I survived the first month!
   Well it wasn't that bad, but I must be honest, I feel like a champ making it for a whole month out here.  Sometimes things get really difficult, and in the beginning, time was going soooooooo slow.  But now, things are really moving, and I am absolutely LOVING being a MISSIONARY!!!  It is so much fun! I have so much to tell you all, and not nearly enough time, so I'll try to get in as much as I can.
   So the word 'car' in Spanish is coche, (and I guess that actually refers to an older car, so now they call cars 'carro', but coche sounds better) so my nickname is Elder Coche.  It's really fun, cause all the Elders in my district call me Elder Coche, and besides 'Dusty', this is the first nickname that I've liked. 


Walk Walking @ MTC.  How is it done??
 
   We started a game out here in order to learn Spanish quicker.  It's called El Nativo (the native).  Basically, each day, 2 elders in our district are the Natives (random drawn from cards in a cup)  and that whole day, they can only speak spanish.  At the end of the day, we all vote to see who the Natives were.  If you get it right, you get an extra point for yourself, and the Natives get points from whoever votes for them.  Plus, even if you aren't the Native, you can speak spanish all day like to try and convince others that you are the Native so they will vote for you.  It's pretty fun, and basically it just gets us to speak more Spanish, which is tough, but it helps alot when we are trying to speak it all day.  By the way, the spanish is getting really tough, I'm hanging in there, but it is just getting be so much.  Next week, we start practice teaching in only Spanish!  So it's time to really stress my Spanish studying.
   Oh and the food here isn't so bad, I mean, it's cafeteria food, but I figured out the best meal.  They have a wraps bar here, so I started having them make wraps, but I didn't like all the meat cold, so I do it Pita Pit style.  Basically, I have them load my up with meat and cheese and such, I take it to a microwave and melt it down, and then I go add the sauce and veggies myself. It's awesome, it's like the best meal here!  haha.
   We met with Daniel Limon again this week, and long story short, it was so great! I loved it.  I can't wait to get to bring the Book of Mormon to our Heavenly Father's children in Mexico.  I'm so excited for the opportunity I have to help them open the door to an eternity of blessings.
   Things are getting really REAL here.  We met with a new investigator/actor this week, only he's not an LDS member like the others.  He is legitimately a Baptist that is here on their new pilot program for us to get the most real experience.  Now I realize how beautiful and wonderful this opportunity is that I to teach someone who isn't already a part of the church.  I LOVE being a missionary.
   Well I gotta run, but know that I am doing sooooo good.  I love you all! take care!
Elder Carr
PS:  Looks like I might get reassigned to somewhere in the States for a while before going to Mexixo.  Bascially, only about 1 out of every 12 elders are getting their visas on time.  I sure wouldn't mind it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment