Monday, December 31, 2012

Ringing the Bell

(When a rock climber reaches the top of the wall)
DUSTY RETURNS FROM HIS MISSION JANUARY 5TH.  HE WILL BE RESUMING STUDIES IMMEDIATELY AT BYU-IDAHO, VISITING CHICO JAN 18-21.
 
I am so happy with where I am at now; I wouldn't have my life going any other way. I am so happy to say that I have done all that I could, learned what I feel I was supposed to, and followed God's plan in fulfilling His will. I am so happy for all the lives that I have been able to help find more happiness. 
These past two years have been amazing, and I wouldn't have traded them for anything. Although my service as a full-time missionary is coming to a close, my mission is not over. I may not wear Christ's name every day on a little black tag, but I committed to wear it on my heart, daily, and that's what my mission has helped me to learn to do. My mission is not over, just a mission is coming to an end, but the next chapter of my life's mission will begin this next week, and I am confident in saying that I am prepared and ready to do my best!
In thinking of what golden truths I've learned on my mission, I could write forever about all the miracles I have seen, and all the ways I have seen the Atonement change my life and the lives of so many other people I have worked with; but, I think most of all, the total encompassing of all my mission experiences has become the golden truth that will shape who I am forever.
I loved my mission, and I will miss it, but I am excited - and more prepared than ever - to start writing the next chapter of my life, and helping to write the next chapter to the greatest story ever told.
Sprinting through the finish, I will return tired; and through a telescope lens, I'll see you soon.
From New England with Love,
Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment