Monday, June 27, 2011

OUR FIRST BAPTISM - FOR REAL!!!

That's right!  I've been out for 5 months exactly now, and for a little over 2 months in the field in an area that we shotgunned with just about no leads, and yesterday we had our first baptism, and we have 4 more dates set for next month : )  (I'm trying not to let myself get prideful of this, I just think it's neat to see the progress that has been made and how The Lord has gotten things from where they were to where they are now.) 

Big Day for Louie Trifone

Marlou Douglas Michael Quinones Fry (a.k.a. Louie Trifone) was baptized and confirmed yesterday after church with about half the ward there to support him.  Louie had asked Elder Ahumada to baptize him and for me to do the comfirmation.  It was a great baptism, and everything went well.  As stressful as things may have been with getting things ready and such, The Dynamic Duo in Georgetown pulled through and held a very smooth baptismal service.  It was such an amazing experience, too; especially when I got to do the confirmation.  It was quite powerful and moving a time, and the feeling of being a part of helping this young boy to make the choice to set his life towards following Christ and his teachings was quite amazing.  I am so humbled to have been trusted so much by The Lord and his Prophets/Apostles, to be sent to this exact mission, and to have been a tool in The Lord's hands in helping to bring his sheep into the fold.
We also had another investigator there at the baptism, and later that day, when we met at his house to talk about it, he was so excited about his own baptism coming up and stated several times, "I can't wait to get baptized now!...It's the dream I've always wanted."  He is so solid, and we are just loving being able to teach someone who is so interested in what the Gospel has to offer him, and who is so humble enough to listen and allow himself to learn.  I finally feel like I get to be myself while I am teaching when we teach him, and it's a great feeling.   : )
Well, just about everything else here is going really well.  We have a lot of other people whom we feel are prepared for the Gospel, and we are so blessed for all the experiences we are having when we get to bring someone closer to Christ.
By the way, yesterday I found this video on Mormon.org, and I think it is very inspirational (yes, I was tearing up).  When you go to mormon.org and click on the tab "Meet Mormons," where there are a bunch of videos of people listed on the side, one of the latest ones is of a woman who is fighting cancer for the second time and continues to fight no matter what.  Her views and beliefs are so strong, and she's a fighter.  So to those of you out there who are fighting for something, keep fighting the good fight, and never give up.
Well I gotta get going, but I hope you are all doing well and doing something everyday to bring yourself, and those around you, closer to Jesus Christ.
From New England with love,
Elder Dustin Carr

1 comment:

  1. I love how there is a glow around Elder Ahumada's head. Cool.

    ReplyDelete