Saturday, March 19, 2011

March 18 from MTC

ELDER DUSTIN CARR IS REALLY GOING TO MEXICO!!!
Yep, that's right, this last week my name was called over the intercom along with Elder Gulbransen and Elder Stevenson (who are in my district and are going to Tampico, Mexico).  We took a trip up to Salt Lake to the Mexican Consulate, signed our visa papers, took our picture, and did our finger prints - we're all set for Mexico!  I'm way excited for Mexico, but it's kinda freaking me out that I leave in just 10 days!  so crazy! and I barely even know Spanish!  haha, I'm excited though, and I know that if I put all my faith and trust in the Lord that he will uplift me and help me through all the rough times. 


Frozen graven image. 

It would be best to send letters a.s.a.p. or through Dear Elder so that I can get them by the time I leave.  Basically, for sending mail to Mexico, I've been told the pouch mail system is the best. 
Pouch letters are free and fast thru Dear Elder @ http://www.dearelder.com/
  Otherwise, you can send to Mexico at the mission home address:
Elder Dustin Carr
Mexico Tampico Mission
Apartado Postal 241
89460 Ciudad Mexico, Tamaulipas Mexico

Won't be making many of these in Tampico.
So this week has been another amazing one.  We had an incredibly successful practice teaching experience.  I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to share with people some things that I have learned that can help them as well.
Something else I'm grateful for this week is my growing knowledge of communication techniques.  I am just realizing so many times how grateful I am for taking that communications class last spring semster.  I learned so much from it about how to deal with issues in a happy way and how to not let emotions rage out of control.  I'm also so grateful that I learned so much about this in my friendships. 
Well I gotta run, I love you all so much!!!
Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment