Friday, March 11, 2011

March 11 from MTC

Hey, everyone! I first off have gotta tell you, I have had an amazing week!  I was blessed to have some wonderful experiences this week that really uplifed me.  I am finding true happiness here as I serve faithfully as the Lord's servant.

I know that the Lord puts people in certain places for a reason, and if we dilligently pray and seek for those opportunities, we can have the opportunity to be a blessing in someone else's life.
 
PDay in Provo

On Tuesday we had an awesome devotional.  I learned a lot about trials and hardships.  The woman who spoke said, "Everything is for your happiness...no matter how hard things get, it is all for your joy."  This is a concept that I have been working to understand over the past year or so.  It's such a great principle that we all need to realize in life, and I am so blessed to have a Best Friend who has taught it to me, and then a devotional at the MTC that has reitterated that same principle.  I know that things will get tough over the next 2 years, but no matter how hard things get, it will all be for my joy.

So I look forward to the trials that are to come.  I can't wait for all the hardships that I will endure over the next two years.  I know that EVERYTHING will be for my joy, so I say, "BRING IT ON!" cause I'm ready to show the Lord that I am worthy of any trial or test in my life, and I am ready to serve him.  I know that the Lord's hand is in this work; every bit of it.  I am eternally grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve him.
 
Well, I hope you are all doing well.  Please know that if you don't get a letter back, it is simply because I do not have enough time to write back to everyone, but I will do my best to do so.  Thank you for all your letters and support, they help me so much and mean a lot to me.  I love you all!  Trust in God with all your heart and know that no matter what you are enduring in life, it is all for your joy.  Turn to Christ when you are in need, and he will raise you up to be more than you ever thought you could be.

Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment