Monday, July 2, 2012

You Never Know
     This last week we got to go to Zone Leader Council and then for the next two days of this week we'll have Zone Interviews, so we're busy, and we're getting a lot of time with President Wilkey - and I love it!
     We've also had a really interesting week with a lot of make-it-or-break-it moments -- some for the better, and others not so much. It's been rough to see what's going on with our investigators here, and to see the adversary working so hard on them, but it's been a testimony builder for me to see how those who are really seeking truth, and keeping their commitments to read the Book of Mormon, pray, and go to church, are being blessed to feel the Spirit more and come closer to a knowledge of the truth.
     Personally, I've realized lately how this is my only area so far where I haven't had a baptism, and I've been struggling to remember that success is measured by my commitment to the work and not just the numbers. But just as I got on my email today, I read about some news from Dad that really helped remind me of a basic principle.
     As he recounted to me of something I had done 3 years ago that had just now affected and blessed the life of a young man in my home ward, I realized that the outcome of the service we render doesn't always come at the moment we serve. You just never know what impact you might have on someone, and it may take years for your action to impact them, but you should never let that stop you from following a prompting from the Spirit, or simply doing a kind act, because it can greatly bless their life.
     I will continue to work my hardest even if the results seem non-existent, because I know that this is the Lord's work -- and it is a great and marvelous work that he has caused to happen among God's
children. I will do my best to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength - not being too focused on what is coming from it -- because good may come in the future, and you just never know...
From Maine with Love,
Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment