Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Here's how this week went...

This was probably the craziest week of my mission - or at least the most exhausting by far.  We had so many changes to schedules and things that we had to do - it was quite physically and mentally
straining.  I gotta say though, the great feeling of strength that comes from hard work was so rewarding;  and I really hope Elder Esplin and I will survive transfer calls this weekend, because without him I don't think this week would've been possible to accomplish.

This week I learned a lot about serving the missionaries in my Zone and to what lengths is really takes to "go the extra mile."  This last Thursday we had a Specialized Zone Training with the whole Zone, President and Sister Wilkey, and the Assistants.  We had to prepare a few trainings, and the lunch.  The trainings were fine and we spent Wednesday preparing those, but then our member that was going to help prepare and provide for lunch forgot and went out of town.  So we got right to work the rest of Wednesday night and prepared a full make-it-yourself deli sub style lunch.  It was pretty legit and it was like a full on catering service, haha. 

I sure did learn alot about how much effort it takes to reach or exceed the expectations of our leadership position, and I'm glad to say, "I did everything I could this week, and then some more."  And our "reward" (as I like to look at it) was that on Thursday night President and Sister Wilkey went out with us to a lesson with Joe and Susie, and we had an amazing lesson about charity and the presence of the Spirit was very strong.  I must say that all my mission so far I have wished that I could go teaching with President and Sister Wilkey, and finally my dream came true :)

From New England with Love,

Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment