Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You Choose Your Happiness

Well, this last week was still rough in the ways of missionary success, but I sure did learn tons, and the week ended with one of the greatest weekends of my mission!
 
First off, Stephany's Baptism went great! Plus President and Sister Wilkey came, so that made it all the more better.  And as if that wasn't enough, Sunday was one of the best Sundays yet; I got to talk to our Stake President, President Watson, for a long time, and I feel really connected with him, and I learned a lot from him.  Then just the whole day was so great - we had a super successful Ward Council meeting and made a lot of progress with things, we got to be a part of Jose Reye's farewell party (and it was awesome cause I actually knew him back at BYU-I), and his girlfriend came (obviously having a tough time dealing with him leaving). 
 
I've really felt like I've been learning and growing a lot and been able to be a positive impact in others' lives, and that is one of the most comforting things to me.  Being a part of Stephany's conversion process has been a HUGE testimony builder for me, and I have learned so much from it all - I truly have been blessed to have been a part of it all. 
 
Also, before I run, I want to tell you of one of the things I've learned so much more these last few months than ever before: You Choose Your Happiness.  I've learned a ton of this on my own, and I got to talk about it a lot with President Watson, but basically I've learned that I can't blame things on anyone but myself.  If I am frustrated, then I chose to be frustrated;  if I am discouraged or depressed, then I chose to feel that way;  but if I want to be Happy, to Love, and to feel pure Joy, then that is a choice that I must make.  Everyday now, I don't complain about how tired I am when I wake up, or mope around all sleepy, instead I smile and enjoy the fact that I get another chance to do better than I did the day before, and to ultimately find more happiness.  In all things in life, in every moment and in every decision, remember: the outcome is a result of your choice; so choose wisely :)
 
From New England with Love,
 
Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment