Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Training By A Special Witness of Christ

Monday we had a Zone Conference in which we were blessed to have Elder C. Scott Grow come and speak to us/train us.  It was so amazing getting to hear from a General Authority for several hours and getting to literally speak to him, work with him, and learn from him.  He taught us a lot about how efficient it can be to seek referrals from Less-Active Members.  We also got to have some question and answer time, as well as listen to one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard.  His teachings have given us more solid ideas and approaches to this work, and his testimony has strengthened me and built my faith so much.  I am so grateful for the blessing of having Elder C. Scott Grow speak to us at Zone Conference, and I am so excited to see the miracles and success that will come through following what he has asked/taught us to do.
 
Well, Junior's baptism went great.  We had a relatively small crowd, but a powerful service.  It was a great start to his life of growing up in the church, and he is going to go far and do many great things because of the choice he made to be baptized.  This next week we are going to start having FHE with him and his family, and we are hoping to have one of our investigating families join us there.  We're really excited about that! 
 
Well I am loving it here; the work is hard, but it is always wonderful and worth it.  We see a lot of miracles, and also a lot of things that seem to let us down, but we don't let them get us down, we just keep on working and exercising our faith.  I feel so close to this ward and I have really developed some solid relationships that I know will last past my mission, like with Matt Wood and his family.  I'm so happy here in Georgetown, and I just love this work!  I know that this church is the only True and Living church on the earth.  I know that Joseph Smith was the prophet through whom the Lord restored His church.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God.  And I know, with all my heart, that Jesus is the Christ; that He died for you and for me, and that there is nothing - physical or spiritual - that His Atoning Sacrifice does not cover.
 
Stay strong in the faith, and do all that you can to be stronger everyday.
 
From New England with love,
Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment