Thursday, July 21, 2011

I am EXACTLY where I am supposed to be.

Last Tuesday, Brother and Sister Dow took us and our investigator to the JSM (Joseph Smith Memorial).  It was such a beautiful day and a wonderful trip.  The moment we stepped out of the car, we heard the music ringing out through the woods (hidden speakers) and we immediately felt the calm, reassuring peace and comfort of The Spirit.  We got to take the full tour of the paintings, history, the Joseph Smith statue, and the memorial itself.  All the while our invetsigator was enjoying learning more about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the church, the Dow's and I were loving getting to take in the whole experience for the first time, and all of us were growing in testimony of Joseph Smith being a true prophet of God - by which Christ's church was restored in its fullness.

Later, when teaching, we reset his baptismal date for Aug. 6th, and we really think he'll be able to be ready for this one;  especially because he realized that he has some things to change in his life, he wrote down a list of those things, and he has asked us to help him by checking up on his progress every time we see him.

On Wednesday evening, we taught a member friend's dad (with his help) for the first time.  It was probably the most comprehensive 1st lesson about the Restoration that has ever been taught, haha.  But it was GREAT.  The best part was at the end, when the dad said the closing prayer and, at one point, thanked our Heavenly Father for "sending [us] here and keeping [us] here for another 6 weeks."  I felt The Spirit telling me at that moment that this is the reason why I am here, and that this is one of several significant instances when He would testify to me that I am exactly where I need to be.  This is a really big deal for me, especially with how tough times can get along with the certain circumstances that I am in.  Having that feeling, faith, and knowledge that this is exactly where I am supposed to be, is an answer to my prayers and a greater comfort than I could describe.

Another highlight from this week was just yesterday at church.  A less-active family, whom we were teaching for a while, came to church for the first time in 2.5 years.    It was a huge blessing that through all the prayers said by us and others, and the teaching experiences we had, they decided to come back, and their 8-year-old son has decided to be baptized! :)  I told their mother after Sacrament Meeting that as the meeting was beginning, it felt quite empty for some reason, and I couldn't figure out why, but as soon as they walked in, I felt immediately at peace that our ward family was together and ready for the meeting to begin.

Well, everything else here in Georgetown is going GREAT! We have gotten a few new investigators this last week, and we are teaching a few really solid people who have definitely been prepared to hear The Gospel. 

Thank you for all of your prayers, love, and support.  They are much needed, and I feel them helping us every day.

From New England with love,

Elder Dustin Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment